Trimming Services & Tree Pruning Rockland County NY
Forest trees grow quite well with only nature’s pruning, but landscape trees require a higher level of tree care to maintain their safety and aesthetics. A complete understanding of how each tree responds to cutting is the key to professional trimming and pruning. Improper pruning can cause damage that will last for the life of the tree, or worse, shorten the tree’s life.
Want Healthy Beautiful Trees?
Suffern Tree Delivers Expert Pruning in Rockland
Pruning large trees can be dangerous. If the pruning project involves working above the ground or using power equipment, it is best to hire a professional tree care service. An experienced tree professional can determine the type of pruning necessary to improve the health, appearance, and safety of your trees. Suffern Tree Service can provide the services of a trained crew, with all of the required safety equipment and liability insurance. Additionally, you can depend on Suffern Tree’s president, Andrew Owen, who has 25+ years of experience in tree trimming in Rockland County. He knows what to do to keep your trees as healthy and beautiful as possible. He knows the land and the soil conditions and will advise you regarding the best way to trim and prune and care for your trees.
6 Tips On What To Do After A Storm Has Damaged Your Trees
This section paraphrases the advice given the article Tree First Aid After A Storm by Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the USDA Forest Service and the International Society of Arboriculture
Doing the right things after trees have been damaged can make the difference between giving your trees a good chance of survival and losing them unnecessarily. The Arbor Day Foundation urges home and property owners to follow a few simple rules in administering tree first aid after a storm:
- Don’t try to do it all yourself – use a professional Tree Service
- Take safety precautions. Be on the alert for downed powerlines or branches that are hanging or look like they are ready to fall.
- Remove any broken branches still attached to the tree. Removing the jagged remains of smaller sized broken limbs is one common repair that property owners can make after a storm. Again, leave the larger more dangerous items for the professionals.
- Repair torn bark. To improve the tree’s appearance and eliminate hiding places for insects, carefully use a chisel or sharp knife to smooth the ragged edges of wounds where the bark has been torn away.
- Resist the urge to over prune. Remember that improper trimming can damage and even kill your tree. So, don’t worry if the appearance is not perfect. The new foliage with return as long as the tree is healthy.
- Don’t top your trees! Untrained individuals may urge you to cut back all of the branches, on the mistaken assumption that reducing the length of branches will help avoid breakage in future storms.
In the end, your trimming a pruning project is all about keeping your trees healthy and you and your family safe. Andrew and his team are dedicated to delivering the highest levels of service and will never cut corners. Customers always appreciate his advice about how to keep their trees healthy and beautiful and safe, Add friendly, personal service at fair rates to the mix and you can understand why Suffern Tree is known as a value leader in the industry. If you are looking for tree pruning and live or have your business in Rockland County, please consider Suffern Tree Service 845-353-4505 – they’ll go the extra mile to keep your trees looking great!