Suffern Tree Service – Serving Rockland County since 1978
How to Select an Arborist or Tree Service in Rockland County
The health and appearance of trees are most affected by the person with the pruning saw. Proper planting, pruning and care of a new tree can lead to a structurally strong and healthy tree that will last for many years. Improper care can drastically shorten the life of a tree and waste the money and time invested in raising it to maturity.
Professional tree services in Rockland County will perform tree work properly and safely, but an unqualified service may further damage the tree, and more importantly may not be insured, leaving the liability burden to the client.
Quality Tree Services In Rockland County are not inexpensive.
A true professional must carry several kinds of insurance as well as pay for expensive and specialized equipment. Beware of estimates that fall well below the average. There may be hidden costs, or the professional may not be fully insured or trained. When you have tree problems in Rockland County, remember the old-time saying “Quality isn’t expensive…it is priceless”. At Suffern Tree, we will never sacrifice quality. Your job will be done properly, first time and every time.
Suffern Tree Service Providing Prompt, Professional Tree Service – Rockland County, NY
If you believe that you have a tree disease and live in Rockland County contact us. We will come out and analyze your trees. If they need tree service, we will provide the highest quality service to preserve your trees. If they have a pest that requires spraying, we will recommend a top professional sprayer who will spray in the safest, most environmentally-sound manner available.
Checklist To Help You When Hiring A Tree Service
- Make sure the Tree Service you are considering is local, with a track record to prove it. Check, their website to see if they have a deep connection with the community. If they do, it is a good sign. If they are based in the same community they serve and have been operating for a long time, the odds are they have a very good track record. Ask the service for testimonial and reviews of their service and check the web for them too. Finally check with the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce to see if there are complaints.
- Ask what tree/forestry education and training the tree service you are considering has. Do they have a degree in forestry? Have they invested in the proper education that will enable them to not only do the job, but to do it in the manner that is safest for you and your trees?
- Ask for certificates of insurance, including proof of liability for personal and property damage as well as worker’s compensation and Rockland County Home Improvement License.
- Ask for local references. Take a look at some of the work, and if possible, talk with former clients. Experience, education and a good reputation are signs of a true professional.
- Be sure you understand what work is to be done and for what amount of money. It is generally not a good idea to pay in full until the work is completed.
- Beware of prices that are too good to be true. The NYS Dept of Environmental Conservations states: “Beware of estimates that fall well below the average. There may be hidden costs, or the professional may not be fully insured or trained.”
- Make sure that your tree service is dedicated to keeping your trees as healthy as possible. If they are, they will not use climbing spikes more than necessary and, will prune and cut your trees while focusing on health. Beware the service that rushes through the job.
- A true professional will leave your property neat and clean. Additionally, they will give you accurate and professional advice in a friendly manner. Lastly, their crews will be professional and respectful of you, your family, and your property.
Suffern Tree Service The Value Leader in Rockland County
We know that most people want their trees healthy and beautiful and do not want to have to worry about them. We also know that the homeowners in Rockland look for quality and value in their tree service – if so call Suffern Tree Service at 845-353-4505 – you’ll be glad you did!